Wednesday 20 February 2013

Why me

Why should I blog -

To be honest I'm just a normal family guy, happily married with a young boy and another on the way. I work Monday to Friday for a steel company. 18 years i have worked for them under different names (British Steel, Corus and now Tata) and for the last 5 years this has been in Leeds after moving up from my home in Wolves.

So nothing to interest people really. I used to have an exciting hobby as i used to be a codriver in rallying. I was the guy who told the driver where to go, while going 100 mph through a forest or down a narrow lane. In my time i didn't do too bad, won the odd piece of glass and made many friends along the way. I was also lucky enough to get to travel around the UK, France, Belgium and Barbados.

I wanted to write a book so my boy (s) could read in years to come what i had done in the past rather then think what a boring dad they have. The problem was i struggled to even get started even though i have plenty of stories and experiences in my head to share, putting it onto paper was proving hard. A friend of mine has a blog mainly for the photography and so i decided this could be a way to get my stories across with out having to link them all up. Also over the last year i have found a new love to replace rallying but still allowing me to get out and being competitive even if its only with my self. Running has given me a new lease of life and hopefully i can share some of the experiences i get along this new journey i am taking along with a few event reports. If your all lucky i may even share feelings on subjects i usually keep to myself and share my inner most demons.. or maybe not as i don't want to scare you all off.

I don't even mind how few people will ready any of my ramblings, those that do i hope you find them enjoyable. I will welcome feed back along the way on style or content but go easy on me especially at first. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment